17 9 / 2014
I made a 70 on an assignment. Instead of freaking out I need to remember that I can still, most definitely, pull an A in this class. It’s only the first month of the semester. No shame spirals, do you hear me brain? NO SHAME SPIRALS! CALM DOWN!
11 9 / 2014
I just decapitated Astrid from the Dark Brotherhood in first person (my first first person decapitation). Killing an entire group of assassins seems like more fun than being their lackey. MWAHAHAHA!
02 9 / 2014
~Retrieve the fragments of Wuuthrad
~Wipe out the super racist Silver Hand (WEREWOLVES ARE PEOPLE TOO)
~Loot dead bodies
~Dungeon crawl and amass a fortune
01 9 / 2014
I’ve been trying to get to Dragon Con since I was a young teenager, and finally 17 years later I made it!
1. Converse are too flat to be walking around in for 8+ hours. I really needed to get some better walking shoes (and that’s really hard for me to say because I love my Chucks more than any other shoes).
2. NEVER EVER GO TO THE VENDORS ON THE FIRST DAY! Dear God, you couldn’t move. By the second day the fire marshal stepped in and had them control how many people could go in at a time/staggered entrance times. Saturday was much easier and enjoyable.
3. Avoid the floor that the Marriott skybridge is on. You can get to the Hilton and Hyatt easily through the street entrances and there is no real need to use the skybridge.
4. I’m hot natured as hell, so unless I can cosplay with my real hair and with no long sleeves I’ll just stick to tees and jeans. Daria will have to wait for Halloween to be worn again. :)
5. I am never staying in the Hyatt again if I can help it. Seriously. Every other host hotel has escalators going to the upper levels, and the Hyatt’s business practices were super shady this year.
6. Control the urge to overpack.
7. Get someone to drop me off at the hotel instead of taking Marta (especially considering the fact that I only live thirty minutes away). It’s too hot to be dragging luggage around underground in Atlanta in August.
All in all I had a good time, but I’ll have a better time next year now that I know what to do and what not to do.
01 9 / 2014
Imagine that at the end of Dumbledore’s speech at the beginning of the year, he asks if there are any questions, and one first year muggleborn kid raises his hand, whips out a smart phone and asks for the wifi password.
And then Dumbledore just casually says “Sherbet lemon, with a capital S”, and commences the feast like it’s no big deal while the non-muggleborns think WIFI is some sort of secret society.
Except Dumbledore died in 1997. Before smartphones existed.
01 9 / 2014